Values and Principles
Each of these principles applies in respect of GET member community.
- Investment and donation monies will be kept separate from GET business within segregated client accounts at transfer secretary firm Coghlan Welsh and Guest Legal Practitioners.
- GET will ensure transparency so that, at all times, users can access information regarding their investments including where the investments are kept, and any relevant transactions.
- GET will put in place processes to ensure that user information is kept safe and secure and that it can still be accessed in the event that GET Northwards cease to operate for whatever reason.
- GET will put in place processes for the orderly winding down of our businesses in the event that it ceases to operate, and ensure that investors retain access to and ownership of their investments.
- GET does not offer investment advice to users unless authorized to do so.
- GET will provide a “cooling-off period”, during which users can cancel or redeem their investment or donation, in accordance with applicable requirements.
- GET terms and conditions are clearly written and explain exactly how the investment ordination process works, what its duties and responsibilities are, what due diligence has been undertaken, and what fees and charges apply within each investment option.
- GET endeavors at all times to hire competent, professional, honest people and make sure it has the appropriate systems and processes in place to run its businesses safely.
- GET ensures that its IT systems and business processes are secure, reliable and proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of its businesses, and that they are sufficiently robust to facilitate compliance with this Code of Conduct.
- GET complies with the laws and regulations applicable to its sales and marketing activity (Including social media), ensuring that risks and potential returns are presented clearly in a balanced way, and treat users fairly.
- If users are unhappy about any aspect of GET services, they are able to complain and GET will treat those complaints fairly and in accordance with applicable measures.
- GET promotes healthy competition, and will not engage in practices that will discredit, or damage the reputation and growth of the industry.
- GET shall be subject to periodic audits and reviews of our businesses to ensure compliance with the Policy and Code of Conduct.
- The Directors of GET are responsible for the maintenance and effectiveness of this Code. If GET is of the opinion that any member (beneficiary or investor) has breached this Code of Conduct, it shall, acting proportionately and in accordance with the terms and conditions of service (in so far as they apply), be entitled to take such action as it see fit, which include the suspension or expulsion from GET of the relevant member regardless of any subscription paid to GET by the member. GET’s interpretation of this Code shall be final.
- GET reserves the right to display the members’ logo on its platform and other presentation and marketing material.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
ACCESSING GET PLATFORM
Access to this platform is permitted on an allowed basis, and GET reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service provided on this platform without notice. GET will not be liable if for any reason its platform is temporarily unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict your access to some or this entire platform.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to this Platform. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this Platform through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they must comply with them.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
GET is the sole owner of all intellectual property rights on this platform. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You must not print off copies or download any extracts from any part of the Platform unless expressly authorized by GET to do so.
GET is not responsible for content posted by third parties on its platform (including content posted by businesses and investors), including the content of pitches, pitch videos, images and content. If you believe that any content on GET platform infringes your intellectual property rights, please send a letter to the address below for the attention of GET with the following information: (i) evidence of your ownership; (ii) the exact location of the infringing content and any copies. GET will review your notice and take appropriate action, including removing such content where appropriate.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on this Platform are not intended to amount to advice. GET is not liable or responsible for any reliance placed on such materials by you or anyone who you may inform of any of its contents.
CHANGES TO THE PLATFORM
GET aim to update this Platform regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, GET may suspend access to the Platform, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on this Platform may be out of date at any given time, and GET is under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on this Platform is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, GET, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our platform or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results or the use of this Platform, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
Loss of income or revenue;
Loss of business;
Loss of profits or contracts;
Loss of anticipated savings;
Loss of data;
Loss of goodwill;
Wasted management or office time;
and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR PLATFORM
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse this Platform by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (together “Viruses”). You must not attempt to gain unauthorized physical or logical access to our platform, the location on which our platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to this Platform. You must not attack this Platform via a denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you commit a criminal offense and GET will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your rights to use this Platform will cease immediately.
GET will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack or Viruses that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Platform or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any platform linked to it.
LINKING TO GET PLATFORM AND SCRAPING
You may not link to this Platform without our prior written permission.
You may not scrape content from this platform and re-post such content, either manually or automatically, without GET’s prior written consent.
This platform must not be framed on any other platform without our prior written permission.
GET reserve the right to withdraw linking, scraping and framing permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on this Platform other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
LINKS FROM GET PLATFORM
Where this Platform links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. GET have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
GET does not in any way crowd fund or facilitate capital or finance raising of any form for political parties or any kind of political movement. Any such activities or intent shall be suspended without notice should there be links purporting to be raising capital or finance for any kind of political movement.
‘GET NORTHWARDS (PVT) LTD’ is a duly registered company.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our platform, please contact email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our platform.
GET NORTHWARDS (PVT) LTD (“GET” “we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Last Update Effective Date 07/26/2018
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
GET may collect and process the following data about you provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us; Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our platformhttps://www.getnorthwards.africa/. This includes Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, Financial Information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password, date of birth and Preferences Information such as favorites lists, transaction history and marketing preferences. If you chose to list your company with us, we may ask for Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type and personal information such as a professional profile.
Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone. GET may make and keep a record of the information you share with us.
Information that you provide to us by completing surveys.
Details of transactions you carry out through Our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
As is true of most platforms, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. GET use this information, to analyze trends, to administer the platform, to track users’ movements around the platform and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
GET use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our goods and services.
- GET may also use your data, and/or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we and/or they may contact you about these. If you are an existing member, we will only contact you by electronic means (fax, email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous investment/discussion with you. GET and/or any third party that is legally permitted to use your data will not otherwise contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this. If you are a new customer/member, we and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
GET may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. You will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our platform of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- If GET or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Platform Use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you have made an investment or applied to invest in a company via https://www.getnorthwards.africa/, your personal information may be disclosed to the company (or the company’s professional representatives) that you have invested or applied to invest in. If you request a business plan or contact a business or entrepreneur via any of our pages your contact details may also be shared with that business or entrepreneur.
- GET may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order, processing payments, offering customer services or to improve our business operations. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- GET do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). GET may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a town). GET may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or request it be deleted by making the changes in your member account settings page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed on our website. GET will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
GET will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. GET will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, which in some cases involving the collection and processing of financial data may require a retention period up to 7 years.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page or directly at our offices.
Similarly, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. GET will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time.
COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by GET and our partners, including marketing partners affiliates, or analytics service providers and business process service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the platform, tracking users’ movements around the platform and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. GET may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Additionally, we use an ad-publishing service to display 3rd party ads on this platform. When you view or click on an ad a cookie will be set to help better provide advertisements that may be of interest to you on this and other Web sites. You may opt-out of the use of this cookies at will.
HOW WE STORE, PROCESS AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us via email or Our Platform is stored on our secure servers.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. GET ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
GET follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web platform, you can contact us at email@example.com
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
Blog / Discussions
Our platform may offer a publicly accessible blog and community discussions. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community discussions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our platform, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. GET will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the platform. GET store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com request that we remove this information from our database.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
GET will list you in our publicly accessible member directory. If you wish to request removal of your information or the deletion of an unauthorized profile from our directory, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The profile you create on our platform will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. You may change the privacy settings of your profile through your account portal.
Social Media Widgets
You may log in to our platform using the sign-in service such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like LinkedIn, Facebook and Google may give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web platform to your profile page to share with others within your network.
To help you understand the risks involved when investing in shares, peer to peer and rewards and donations funds on GET, please read the following risk summaryand diversify your investments.
The need for diversification when you invest
Diversification involves spreading your money across different types of investments with different risks to reduce your overall risk. However, it will not lessen all types of risk. Diversification is an essential part of investing. Investors should only invest a proportion of their available investment funds via GET and should balance this with safer, more liquid investments.
Risks when investing in equity or funds
Investing in shares (also known as equity) on GET does not involve a regular return on your investment unlike mini-bonds which offer interest paid regularly.
Investing in a fund may help to diversify your investments and to spread the risk but general risks while investing in equity continue to apply. Further specific risks are set out on the applicable project/business page.
Please bear in mind the following particular risks for equity and fund investments:
Loss of investment or tax relief
The majority of start-up businesses fail or do not scale as planned and therefore investing in these businesses may involve significant risk. It is likely that you may lose all, or part, of your investment. You should only invest an amount that you are willing to lose and should build a diversified portfolio to spread risk and increase the chance of an overall return on your investment capital. If a business you invest in fails, GET – will NOT pay you back your investment.
Tax relief may also be lost due to your personal circumstances or due to the activities of a company.
Lack of liquidity
Liquidity is the ease with which you can sell your shares after you have purchased them. Buying shares in businesses pitching through GET cannot be sold easily and they are unlikely to be listed on a secondary trading market, such as Alternative Investment Market or the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. Even successful companies rarely list shares on such an exchange. In addition, if you purchase B Investment Shares, these are non-voting shares and may not be attractive to potential buyers.
Rarity of dividends
Dividends are payments made by a business to its shareholders from the company’s profits. Some of the companies pitching for equity on the GET platform are start-ups or early stage companies, and these companies will rarely pay dividends to their investors. This means that you are unlikely to see a return on your investment until you are able to sell your shares. Profits are typically re-invested into the business to fuel growth and build shareholder value. GET has no obligation to push businesses to pay shareholder dividends.
Any investment in shares made through GET may be subject to dilution in the future. Dilution occurs when a company issues more shares. Dilution affects every existing shareholder who does not buy any of the new shares being issued. As a result an existing shareholder’s proportionate shareholding of the company is reduced or ‘diluted’. This has an effect on a number of things, including voting, dividends and value.
Some businesses who pitch for equity investment through GET offer A-Ordinary Shares, which may include pre-emption rights that protect an investor from dilution. In this situation the business must give shareholders with A-Ordinary Shares the opportunity to buy additional shares during a subsequent fundraising round so that they can maintain or preserve their shareholding. Please check a pitch, and the Articles of the company to see if the shares you are buying will have these pre-emption rights. Most companies do not offer pre-emption rights for B Investment Shares.
Risks when investing in Mini-bonds
Mini-bonds are a very different kind of investment to equity and you do not own a stake in the business issuing the mini-bond. Instead you receive regular interest payments from the issuing company (the “Issuer”) and then return your initial investment back at the end of the mini-bonds term (the maturity). Before investing, you must read and agree to the Bond Instrument for each mini-bond as these contain the exact terms and conditions, including the interest payments and final repayment time between investors and the company raising the money. It is important to understand that Issuers are solely responsible for their financial status and consequently their ability to pay interest and return investors’ capital when the mini-bonds mature. GET does not issue the mini-bonds listed on the GET platform and is not responsible for their performance. Mini-bonds represent a high degree of risk and you should be aware of some of the specific risks involved in investing in them.
Loss of investment and interest payments
Issuers, like all businesses, are vulnerable to financial difficultly and investing in mini-bonds may involve significant risk of default. In the event of an Issuer being unable or unwilling to meet payments of interest and capital, it is likely that you may lose all, or part, of your initial investment and receive no outstanding or future interest payments.
If a business you invest in fails, neither the company you invest in – nor GET – may pay you back you investment. You should only invest an amount that you are willing to lose and should build a diversified portfolio to spread risk.
Mini-bonds are neither insured by a third party nor are they protected by any government arm. This means that if the Issuer becomes insolvent, investors could lose some or all of their money.
Lack of liquidity
Liquidity is the ease with which you can sell your investments to a third party after you have purchased them. Mini-bonds purchased from Issuers pitching through GET may be transferrable if specified in the Bond Instrument, however they will not be listed on any formal investment exchange or secondary trading market such as the ZSE and so it may be difficult or impossible to find a buyer to purchase them. Please refer to the individual mini-bond documentation for full details of transferability. Investments in mini-bonds through GET should be viewed as a long term and illiquid investment.
Restricted redemption rights
Issuers of the mini-bonds set the terms for redeeming your capital. Investors should be aware that they will not be able to redeem their initial investment under any circumstances other than those set out in the terms and conditions of the documentation of an individual mini-bond, meaning their capital will be locked up for the entire term of the mini-bond, typically 3-5 years and should therefore be viewed as a long term and illiquid investment.
Unless otherwise set out in the Bond Instrument, mini-bonds are typically an unsecured obligation of the Issuer, meaning there is no security over the property or assets of the Issuer supporting the repayment of your interest or capital. This means that if an Issuer fails, it is unlikely that an investor will have their initial investment or outstanding interest payments returned to them because there is no security over any remaining assets.
Early Call Risk
The Issuer has the right to repay you your money at any time prior to the formal repayment date. Your investment may be materially curtailed because of this.
Lower in the pecking order on winding up
If an Issuer falls into financial difficulty and goes out of business, other creditors and debt holders with seniority – including fixed charge holders, administrators, employees who are owed wages, banks, and secured debtors – will be compensated first. This means it is unlikely mini-bond investors, whose unsecured investment sits below all of the previously mentioned in the pecking order, will have their initial investment or outstanding interest payments returned to them after higher ranked creditors are compensated.
Interest rate and inflation risks
Mini-bonds pay interest at a fixed rate rather than by reference to an underlying index. Accordingly you should note that a rise in interest rates may adversely affect the relative returns that mini-bonds offer. Further, inflation may reduce the real value of the returns over time.